At Armadale, the safety and well being of our members are of the utmost importance to us. Though we have entered Stage 3, we should still follow safety protocols to protect each other:
While we are almost back to normal, the following exceptions still apply:
1. Social distance where you can, use masks where you cannot and remember to hand wash frequently
2. There are still no public hours
3. Group lessons (with limitations) are allowed, but we have decided against group lessons for the season
4. Large gatherings around enclosed spaces (club house) and patios should be avoided
Some of the strict protocols for Stage 2 include all of Stage 1 protocols with the following additions:
1. Doubles play is now allowed
2. Group lessons are allowed up to 4 people (from different households with physical distancing)
Some of the strict protocols for Stage 1 include:
1. Singles tennis only.
2. Court must be booked ahead of time online (no walk-ins).
3. All play must be supervised, so there will be limited hours available to play.
4. No access to the clubhouse.
5. Each court will bring their own new and/or marked balls to play.
6. Use of hand sanitizer is highly encouraged after play.
7. Physical Distancing while entering and exiting the court.
8. No public hours at this time.
Please download the "Back on Court" Document (prepared by City of Markham) to familiarize yourself with the Safety Protocols for tennis clubs .
A local community tennis club located at Armadale Park at the corner of Denison and McCowan catering to tennis players of all ages and skill levels. We are a friendly, inclusive, family-friendly club in Markham, Ontario.
Please join us for the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, Sept 22 at 8 pm in/around the clubhouse as we wrap up a unique and interesting tennis season. Medals will be awarded to tournament and ladder winners as well as setting up the club executives for next season. Your participation will set the future course of our club, so please come, volunteer and speak up!
Thank you to Nesta Chung for all her efforts to increase the membership of ladies at Armadale (we certainly need more). Nesta has started organizing activities to attract more ladies and this will extend into next season. So, please stay tuned! If you have questions or would like to to contact Nesta, please email her here.
As the end of the season draws nigh, we have finished the ladder portion of the schedule. Please drop by next week to see the thrilling conclusion to the end of ladder tournaments with an elimination style playoffs. All medals will be handed out at the AGM on Sept 22 at the clubhouse.
Thank you to all the players (and subs) who have made this year's tournament a resounding success. With a razor thin margin, the doubles tournament determined the best player was Quan Huynh (first), Mike Tran (second) and Chris Li (third). In a rain-delayed singles tournament, our winners were Mike Tran (first), Luke Wei (second) and Kevin Ing (third).
While monitors are no longer required for club play, we will always have need for volunteers. We are one big family and from time to time, we will need help to run the club smoothly. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Those who volunteered to be Club Monitors, we thank you for all your help, but the job is not done yet. Per the email that was sent out, please continue to ensure that all players are club members (or are guests of members) and everyone adheres to the social distancing guidelines provided by the city of Markham.